My Headphones

I put on my headphones and immediately, the world outside is shut out, locked with a firm key.
Even if it tries to barge in to my world, all i have to do is turn up the volume and defences are firm.
I explore this world of mine through all forms of sounds, from music to videos. Sound.
As i go around, i forget more and more of the world i originally came frome.
But as fast as this all happened, it disappears just as fast.
My headphones are pulled away from my ears, almost forcefully.
I return to the world outside again, away from my protective fortress.
The world i tried to shut out.

{ i use my headphones when i'm watching movies on my laptop, because the sound is just too soft for the external speakers. And also when it's late at night and i don't want to wake anyone up. Using it now actually, haha, so i was just thinking of it as another world, sorta like a fortress you know, btw, my poems never rhyme}

No comments: